Absolutely! All our Moses, bassinet and changing baskets come with a custom fitted foam mattress included. In addition, we understand little accidents happen with our bubs, so all of the mattresses come with a removable cotton mattress cover so that it can easily be removed and washed.
Our baskets have had a long and eventful journey from Ghana to arrive with us, so we ensure all baskets are re-shaped by us prior to sending to you at their forever home. We ship the Moses and bassinet baskets in custom sized boxes to you to ensure they are protected as much as possible during their travels. However, sometimes during domestic shipping they may get bent slightly out of shape or over time may require re-shaping, and the process is super easy!
1. Wet the area you would like to re-shape. Depending on the amount of re-shaping you would like to do you can use a bucket of water or hose.
2. Mould the area back into shape with your hands.
3. Air dry in the sun or indoors under a fan.
4. Enjoy your beautiful one of a kind basket!
One of the best features of the Moses and bassinet baskets are their potability so that bub can come along with you on all your adventures, be it on the road or around the house. Although the baskets are double woven to make them super strong and sturdy, we absolutely don’t want an accident with your little one so please ensure you remove your baby from the basket before relocating it.
Style! Both the Moses and bassinet baskets are manufactured in the same weaving cooperation using the same process and materials. The main difference is the shape of the basket in that the Moses basket has one raised end whereas the bassinet basket height is the one level. The choice is yours depending on your personal style, both make gorgeous storage baskets after being used as a bassinet.
One of the amazing aspects of the Moses and bassinet baskets is that they are all handmade by phenomenally talented weavers in Ghana. Due to this, the baskets are individual and most designs are one offs, making your basket incredibly special. However, if you do have your heart set on a particular design that is sold out, please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our absolute best to work with our weavers to obtain a similar design for you. Note that this may take time and may not be possible but we will always do our best!
Of course! The baskets are woven in Ghana from natural elephant grass, which is similar to hay and grows abundantly in sub-Saharan Africa. The elephant grass is hand dyed using natural minerals and powders, which is why every basket is completely unique. Our baskets are steam cleaned prior to shipment to ensure they are completely safe for your little one.
Our Moses and bassinet baskets are designed to be used as a supervised sleeping device for newborn babies. The baskets are double woven for enhance structural strength and made from completely natural materials. We recommend following the below guidelines to ensure their safety for your baby:
1. Use only the custom fitted foam mattress supplied with the basket. It is not recommended to use any additional bedding or pillows other than a fitted sheet.
2. Only uses your Moses or bassinet basket as a bassinet until your baby can roll over, push up or crawl which is usually around 4-6 months. After this time, the basket makes a gorgeous storage option.
3. When in use, always place the basket on a firm, flat and dry surface or in our matching Thirty Three South basket stand.
4. Never carry your baby in the basket, always remove your bub before relocating the basket.
5. Always keep the basket away from hazards such as flames, windows, heaters, stoves etc.
6. For safe sleeping practices to reduce the risk of SIDs, please always refer to the Red Nose website.
Our teethers have been independently laboratory safety tested and meet the Australia and New Zealand safety standards (AS/NZS ISO 8124) to ensure they are of the highest quality for your little ones sore gums. We are absolutely more than happy to provide you with our safety testing certification if you wish. In the unlikely event that the teether becomes damaged or if any individual components become loose, please discard straight away. Always inspect the teether prior to giving it to your little one to ensure it is still in tip top condition.
If your bub is anything like ours, the soothing teether will hardly leave their mouth! We therefore recommend replacing your teether after 6 months. In between uses, it can be washed using warm soapy water and olive oil can be used to condition the wooden components. The canvas storage bag provided can be used to keep your teether nice and clean in between uses and when on the road.
If cared for correctly, stonewashed linen will become softer and stronger with every wash and last the test of time for many years to come.
1. Gentle machine wash up to 40 degrees Celsius with like colours.
2. We recommend line drying. Do not bleach or soak.
3. Do not dry-clean.
4. As with all bedding and clothing, new linen should be washed before using for the first time.
5. Warm iron if desired.
We love hearing from our wonderful customers, so if you can't find the answer to your burning question on this page, please drop us a line at Thirty Three South at email@example.com.